Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ernie Paragallo Thoroughbreds Seized

Yesterday morning, as the Homes for Horses Coalition Conference began, this situation was discussed. Regardless of who, what, where, or why these conditions came about, they did. Anyone can "Google" Paragallo and thoroughbreds, read the stories, and form their own opinions. I am simply grateful that these horse are now receiving help. I didn't check my email for the two days I was at the conference (my cell phone was on), and when I got back home and looked late last night, there were a number of linked emails (here's the first)asking if I had heard about this. Yes: I have. During this conference current mass seizures and surrenders of all and indeterminate breeds were also referenced.
Again, regardless of who or why, this is not an isolated incident. Nonetheless, it exemplifies one of the reasons Chez Chevaux has posted The Derby Dollar Challenge.
Melodee, http://www.chezchevaux.org